05 Sep A Day in the Life of a Digital Marketer
Are you considering a career in Digital Marketing? Find out what you could get out of the agency life and why Digital Marketing Exec, Becca loves her job!
You may have recently read all about what our Creative Director and Web Designer, Jonny gets up to on a daily basis, but what about the other key components in making your business an online success?
Another bunch of creative and knowledgeable individuals here at Geonet are the Digital Marketing team. These savvy SEOs, social media whiz kids and blogging sensations are the force behind your website’s soaring rankings and flocking visitors. More often than not, people ask us “can I not just ‘do’ SEO once and then it’s done?” or “I thought email marketing was dead?” But what they don’t realise is the sheer volume of work involved on a daily basis to ensure a website’s rankings are continuously top of the pops and the visitors keep on coming.
With that said, we thought what better way to get to know our marketing team than by interviewing one of the Digital Marketing Execs about life at Geonet?!
Get to know Digital Marketing Exec, Becca.
- Do you have a work nickname? Tyrannosaurus Bex *laughs*. One time we went out for a team meal and I ate so much and I was so full that I let out this dinosaur-like groan. I didn’t realise how loud it was until everyone turned around and laughed. From then on I’ve been called T-Bex.
- How many years have you worked in digital? I’ve worked in web for 4 years now. I started out as an apprentice for another digital agency when I was just 17, so it is pretty much all I have ever done since leaving School.
- How many years have you worked at Geonet? Just over two years – it has flown over!
- What made you want to work in digital? When I left school I went to college for a year to figure out what I wanted to do, and I really enjoyed Media Communication and Production, I was good at it too so I looked for an apprenticeship doing something similar.I actually didn’t know what I wanted to do when I left school, but I knew I loved writing and being creative, and working in digital means I get to do just that.
- What’s your favourite part about your job? Every day is something completely different. One day I’ll be writing loads of blogs for clients and interacting with their customers on social, then the next day I’ll be creating a mailshot and then the day after that I might be reporting and analysing SEO accounts. There are so many aspects to working in digital marketing so it’s impossible to get bored.I love meeting with clients too! It’s nice to present to them the positive progress that their website is making. It’s great to launch a website and built their rankings from the ground up. It’s a great feeling.
- Most exciting/favourite project you’ve worked on? I love working on Geonet’s marketing because I can spend as long as I want on our own strategy. I love blogging and writing of course, but one of the most rewarding aspects of my job is at the end of the month when you can see tangible results that you’ve achieved for clients, and you know that ultimately you’re helping to boost their business!
- Least favourite part about digital marketing? When Google do a sneaky update to one of their ranking algorithms and we’re left scratching our heads trying to figure out what they’ve done! Sometimes Google let SEOs know when they’re going to roll out an update, but that’s very rare so it’s frustrating when you work hard to boost a website’s rankings and traffic, for Google to then move the goal post.Also, if website owners have a little bit of SEO knowledge and decide to do SEO themselves but then do it wrong! It’s 100% true when they say “a little bit of SEO knowledge can be dangerous”, because if done wrong it can be detrimental to your website’s success.
We asked a few of the Geobots to describe Becca in three words. Here’s what they said:
Rosie: Hardworking, proactive and bubbly
Scott: Intelligent, loud and fun
Beth: Friendly, SEO Savvy and Confident