25 Dec The Geonet 25 Days of Christmas
If you follow our activities over on Instagram you will have noticed our festive themed Christmas countdown. If you’ve not had the chance to check out some of our daily top tips and stats, we have collated them all for this Christmas Day blog!
The Geo-Christmas Countdown:
- A 1-second delay in page loading speed can cost you 7% of your e-commerce conversions.
- Did you know that businesses make £2 in revenue for every £1 they spend on Google Ads?
- Close to half the world’s population (3.03 billion people) are on some type of social media.
- Only 4% of mobile search traffic is driven by a platform other than Google.
- Based on the numbers, organic SEO is about 5.66 times better than paid search ads.
- Did you know that only 6% of companies think their digital marketing and traditional marketing integration process is completely optimised?
- Mobile now represents almost 7 in 10 digital media minutes, and smartphone apps alone account for half of all digital time spent.
- Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day.
- Long form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short-form posts.
- It takes about 10 hours on average for businesses to respond to a tweet, even though customers want a response within four hours.
- If you’re hoping to get a high email open rate, your best bet is to send email on a Tuesday.
- 6.7 million people publish posts on a blogging website regularly, with 12 million posting blogs to their social media.
- The worst day to send an email campaign is on a Thursday.
- Recipients are about 14% more likely to open an email if it’s a part of a segmented campaign vs. traditional email.
- People are 15 times more likely to use the phrase ‘near me’ in their search.
- SEO has a 14% conversion rate compared to traditional outbound marketing methods.
- 17% of users delete apps because they are not useful.
- 18 videos are published per month by businesses.
- 19% of people use Siri at least once a day.
- Video will make up 80% of consumer online traffic by 2020
- By 2021, global retail e-commerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion.
- Avg. page load speed on mobile sites is 22 seconds.
- E-commerce is growing 23% year-over-year.
- B2C marketers use live video at a rate of 30% compared to B2B marketers at 24%.
The team at Geonet are really looking forward to what 2019 brings and have some big upcoming plans which we hope to share with you all very soon.
We would like to take the time to wish all of our clients, suppliers and partners a very Merry Christmas!